Whenever there is moisture, mold spores can live. Mold may seem unharmful, but could be very dangerous in ways we can't think of once it enters the body. You may refer to the steps below on how to clean your plasticware, which is infected by molds.
Things you will need:
- Non-ammonia soap or detergent
- Soft cloth or sponge
- rubber glove (optional)
You may begin with washing away all visible traces of mold on your plasticware. Please do not use ammonia-based dish soap as it creates toxic fumes once added with bleach.
Create your bleach solution with 1/2 cup of bleach and 1 gallon of water. Some molds that can't be cleaned off, use a stronger strength solution by adding 1 cup of bleach with 1 gallon of water.
Fully submerge the plasctic container in the solution for at least 15 minutes.
Remove and wash away all bleach with a non-ammonia soap/detergent.
allow the plasticware to dry completely before using.